Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The Wetlands Park Trail in Las Vegas, Nevada



This weekend I walked on The Wetlands Park Trail.  The weather was awesome with the exception of high winds. While walking you can hear the birds, bug sounds and oh yeah, rushing water.  As I stood on the bridge, and watch a graceful heron standing; as though in meditation at the bank of the softly churning, mist-wrapped wash as the morning sunlight veils the scene in shimmer and glint, my mind goes haywire with cliché.  When exploring certain parts of Las Vegas, I usually say to myself "gee I can’t believe this is Las Vegas!" What a marvel, this oasis in the dessert!  I feel like I’m a million miles away from the city! 

Although you could easily while away a family day at The Wetlands Park, gorging your soul on the visitors’ center exhibits, interpretive signs and targeted strolling, it’s also convenient enough for an early-morning jaunt for east-siders and Hendersonians. 
There are myriad trails and themed walks, but my advice is to park at the Nature Center and unleash yourself upon a restorative, aimless walkabout-and take your camera for the ducks, cormorants, storks and hawks doing their National Geographic thing. 

Look out for: Just pause and train your eye on the green reeds just west of the bridge, where startlingly white egrets hand in their own private ultra-lounge. 

Beware of: Rattle snakes, “just kidding”- The Wetlands Park is safe and scrupulously maintained.

Ideal for: Harried cityfolk who need a quick dose of Mother Nature: instagram shutterbugs; and avid birdwatchers.
If your visiting or live in Las Vegas, I would suggest visiting the The Wetlands Park- you won’t regret it. 





Andrea Gonzalez, Realtor® "Your Dedicated Realtor for Life"Realty One Group
5550 Painted Mirage Rd, Las Vegas, Nevada 89149
Serving: Summerlin, Las Vegas and North Las Vegas
Direct: 702.485.7887
Search For A Home: Las Vegas Online Search




It is always an honor to assist Home Buyers and Sellers with their Las Vegas Real Estate needs. If you are searching for Las Vegas Real Estate Listings, then I urge you to utilize the valuable tools on my VERY USER FRIENDLY WEBSITE. Most important, Write, Phone or Text Me with any questions.


No comments:

Post a Comment